The acclaimed best hospitality in Koinadugu district, the M J Motel caught fire in the early hours of yesterday and according to witness report, everything was burnt down to ashes.

M.J Motel Koinadugu Burnt

Sierraloaded gathered that the KIRPO generator being used by the Motel sparked the fire. The inferno was however amplified by some gas bottles lying nearer the generator which expanded the fire.

It was further gathered that a room adjacent the generator also has a big gas bottle that added to the inferno, thereby, leaving the entire building a carcass.

ALSO READ: Cinema, 21 Okadas Burnt To Ashes As Sierra Leone Records Fourth Public Fire Outbreak In 2016

According to Mr. Osman Sidique who is the Manager of the Motel, himself and few of his staff tried to put out the fire using the two fire extinguishers at the facility but the content of the extinguishers were too weak for the inferno.

Although no death was reported as all guests were able to escape for their lives, Properties worth millions of Leones were destroyed by the fire.