Sierra Leone Premier League clubs are set to boycott the second edition of the Sierra Leone Football Association (SLFA) LEOCEM FA Cup tournament which is expected kick-off at the Wusum Stadium in Makeni on 5 March this year.

Sierra Leone Premier League- FC Johansen

The SLFA media department last Wednesday said over 183 clubs, including premier, first and second division teams, had already consented to participate in the tournament.

However, Secretary General of Western Area Football Association (WAFA), Kasho Holland-Cole, who also doubles as spokesman of the break-away SLFA stakeholders, insisted that they would not participate in the said FA Cup.

“No Western Area team will play in ‘that cookery league’. All first and second division teams belong to the region,” Holland-Cole said and further revealed that the WAFA first and second divisions leagues as well as the female league would commence on 4 March, 2016.

ALSO READ: I Will Slap Mohamed Kallon Again, Says Isha Johansen

It is highly likely that the 11 premier league clubs – Bo Rangers, Old Edwardians, Ports Authority, Freetown City FC, Mighty Blackpool, Gem Stars, FC Kallon, East End Lions, Central Parade, Diamond Stars and Anti-Drugs FC – who have already snubbed SLFA warning to participate in the ongoing football members National Premier League, will not participate in the LEOCEM FA Cup tournament.

This is not the first time top clubs in the country have protested against partaking in an SLFA competition under the Isha Johansen led administration.

In September 2013, 10 out of the 14 clubs boycotted the Premier League in protest for the sacking of erstwhile SLFA Acting Secretary General, Abdul Rahman Swarray and former spokesman Sorie Ibrahim Sesay. The two men were accused of manipulating the August 2013 congress, which saw Johansen named as the SLFA president.