The West African Examination Council Sierra Leone has today, Monday released the November/December 2015 General Certificate Examination result.
This is coming one month after the results was released in Nigeria and Ghana.
The Head of National Office of the Council, Patrick Dulu, who announced the result in Freetown, said results of 23,598 out of the 24,300 candidates that sat for the examination were fully processed and released.
He also said candidates had some of their subjects still being processed as a result of some errors.
He however said the results of some 702 candidates has been withheld.
“The results of 702 candidates are being withheld in connection with various cases of examination malpractice as the cases are being investigated and the reports of the investigations will be presented soon” Dulu said.
Holy Trinity Secondary School Kenema, Saint Edwards, Herman Germaine international School, Royal Becklyn, Modern high school, Providence and International school limited was named among the top best performing schools.
Mr. Dulu further praised the supervisors, invigilators, custodians, security agencies and other ad-hoc personnel for their role in the conduct of the examination.
He also said that the results would soon be uploaded online and could be accessed on the WAEC result website.
HOW TO CHECK YOUR WAEC RESULT
1. Visit Sierra Leone WAEC Result Checker website, http://www.waecsierra-leone.org/
2. Select the Type of Examination (e.g. W A S S C E).
3. Enter your 10-digit Index Number.
4. Select your Examination Year eg. 2015.
5. Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. This is to ensure that your examination information is correct.
6. Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
7. Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card eg. 012345678912.
8. Click on the Submit button and wait for the display in the popup window. This may take several minutes.